Margaret Kent has been an attorney 20 years, focusing on law and international taxation, having a wealth of diverse responsibilities. General Counsel and Treasurer, ExportDISC.com. Margaret Kent has been involved in DISC issues, including DISC audit response, for nearly 30 years, including audit document protest preparation. Ms. Kent represented exporters seeking tax incentive claims. Ms. Kent has been Professor of Psychology and Dean, Independent Institute of Russian Entrepreneurship. Moscow. Margaret has represented clients in Latin America in transfer pricing disputes. Margaret is a member of the Florida Bar, a graduate of Barry University (B.A.), the Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (M.A.), and the University of Miami (J.D.).
- Structured the termination of the $2 billion per year aid from Russia to Cuba
- Participated in an earnings & profits study of a large U.S. multinational corporation having two-tier operations in Venezuela
- Structured U.S. business operations of a Brazilian manufacturer to avoid effectively-connected status.
- Structured transfer pricing in Latin American countries: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Venezuela
- Defended clients in response to IRS information documents requests and prepared protests
- Brought EEOC claims
- Challenged assets protection structures for spouses in divorce actions
- Handled probate and probate litigation.
- Structured and negotiated prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
- Litigated spoliation of evidence matters
- Professor of Psychology and Dean, Independent Institute of Russian Entrepreneurship, Moscow
- High school teacher - six years
- Litigated tax malpractice claims
- Represented exporters seeking tax incentive claims
- U.N. Consultant
- Barry University, B.A.
- Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, M.A.
- University of Miami, J.D.
- Florida bar
- U.S. District court
- How to Marry the Man of Your Choice, Warner Books (author)
- Corporate Business Taxation Monthly, CCH (co-editor)
- International Mergers and Acquisitions, Wiley (co-editor)
- TV - 143 shows
- Radio - 101 shows